Sara i René Viticultors ‘Dido’ Blanca 2020
In stock, ready for pick-up, ships same or next day
The blend for this wine is 50% Macabeu, 40% Garnatxa Blanca, and 10% Cartoixa/Garnacha Gris. The aging process is split between 70% of the wine being aged in 500-4000 litre wood, while the remaining 30% is aged in clay Tinajas, which are 3000 litre amphorae made from clay mined on the western fringe of Priorat and cast to René’s specification.
On the nose, there is a peachy perfume that intermingles with the aroma of soil. The wine is full-bodied and warm, with a really textural quality. The flavor profile features notes of boiled sweets, wax, straw, barley water, and verbena hedge flower. It is warm, soft, and waxy-spicy, with good movement and no cloy. The wine is elegant with a sandy texture and some nice honey-rich spiciness.
Share your find
SLIGHTLY SIMILAR OPTIONS