Champagne Oudiette Les Gras d’Huile Blanc de Blancs


In stock, ready for pick-up, ships same or next day

In stock



The bouquet of this wine is an impressive display of ripe apricot, pumpkin seed, persil, and passion fruit. The palate is an intricate dance of flavors, starting with a burst of tropical fruit and transitioning to a luscious creaminess of vanilla cream, kaya and toasted coconut. The finish is long and refreshing, with a delightful minerality that adds depth and complexity to the wine. This is a seductive and enchanting wine that will leave you yearning for more, like indulging in a tropical fruit salad on a warm summer day. Each sip is a journey of new sensations that will awaken your senses and leave you feeling invigorated.

Les Gras d’Huile is the debut champagne by Maxime Oudiette that was launched in November 2020. The champagne is made using 100% Chardonnay grapes sourced from a single 1-hectare parcel of vines in the village of Beaunay in the Coteaux du Morin. The 2018 vintage makes up 68% of the blend, while the remaining 32% includes reserves from 2017, 2016, and 2015.

The vineyard, which faces southeast, was first planted in 1993 and is rooted in lignite clay and dense Thanetian chalk. The plot’s name originates from the oily texture that the clay takes on after heavy rainfall. Maxime practices both organic and biodynamic viticulture and uses indigenous yeasts to enhance the expression of the terroir. Oak barrels are utilized for both vinification and maturation to promote subtle complexities and micro-oxygenation in the wine.

After being disgorged on July 20, 2021, Les Gras d’Huile is finished with a 2 g/L dosage. This inaugural champagne production produced a limited run of 1684 bottles.

Share your find


Go to Top